Hello loves! After doing a hair tag by Yeka, I’m inspired by her to start mine. Thanks Yeka for the inspiration.
Our first guest is Keyla. Thank you Keyla for accepting this request.
The Hair Tag Questions
1. Tell us a little about you?
I’m Priscilla Keyla, a graduate of the University of Cape Coast, Ghana. I studied Human Biology.
What do you do with your spare time?
I read. I read about everything. Lol
2. Are you a natural? How do you feel about your hair
I’m natural. My hair is one of the things I take pride in.
3. How long have you been natural?
4. Why did you go natural?
I’ve always been natural. Lol. The relaxers scare me.
5. Was anyone against your decision? If yes, how did you surpass it?
Hair stylists! Humph. My hair is dense! They always try to coax me to perm.
I don’t go back to them.
6. What’s your hair type and how do you manage your it?
My hair is 4c. I mostly wear protective styles and do a lot of African threading
7. How do you keep your hair moisturized and healthy?
I wash at least once a week when I’m not wearing braids, Shea butter with coconut oil has been bae in the hair journey.
I occasionally do the onion, avocado, olive oil treatment
And when I wear braids I use Shea butter on the scalp regularly
8. What are your go to natural hair products?
Shea butter, avocado, olive oil
Are you a DIY fan?
Do you have hair goals?,Care to share some of them?
More manageable 16 inch hair
9. How do you style your hair?
I usually go to the salon to have it styled for me (mostly protective)
10. What’s your favorite protective hairstyle to do?
11. Do you use heat on your hair?
Yes (for drying)
how do you prevent heat damage?
I use Shea butter to seal in the moisture and ensure I use lower temperatures.
12. Do you hairxperiment?
How crazy can you go with your hair?
Hehe… I haven’t thought of that yet.
12. Have you faced any challenge as a natural?
Getting a patient enough hair stylist
People don’t understand your hair can be natural and kempt
13. How do you manage bad hair days?
A cap or scarf does it for me. Sometimes I just hold the hair midway and do bold twist outs at the end
14. Can you share with us your thoughts on natural hair and relaxed hair?
Wow. It’s a personal decision be relaxed or natural, but being natural is the best you can do to your hair. It however takes dedication and endurance to be natural.
Relaxed hair is what has been generally accepted over the years. They make us believe it’s expensive to be natural but I stand to debunk that assertion.
Natural hair is bae😍❤
15. What hair rules have you sticked to as a natural?
Moisturize often, Wear a lot of protective styles, don’t wear braids/extensions for too long (max 6weeks)
17. Where can we find you?
In Ghana. Lol
18 . What do you have to say to the new, upcoming and already naturals?
Don’t be in a hurry to achieve your hair goals. To be natural you need to be patient and dedicated. Know what works for you. Don’t jump unto just any product because it has been advertised.
All questions in the tag belong to Yeka of www.myyeka.wordpress.com
No copyright intended. For educational purpose only